The Fair Debt Collections Practices Act was enacted to protect consumers against overly-aggressive debt collectors. While it does not apply to debts owed by one business to another, the due diligence you must follow is applicable no matter who owes you money.
- Background of the “debt collection” industry
- The Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA)
- Consumer Debt Collection - Do’s and Don’ts
- Bankruptcy - Can a Debtor Legally Never Pay You?
- When (and How) to Sue the Debtor
- Tax Implications of Uncollectible Debt
Course Level - Fundamental